Wednesday, April 18

Kitchen Sink Make-Over

So I did it! Ok, not really me, but I can take credit as the instigator or project manager. You know that list that everyone has, at least I do, of small home improvement projects that you want to accomplish throughout the year to spruce up your house a bit? Mines not super long. 


Number one on my list is changing the brassy doorknobs and hinges throughout the house. This ones a big job. And I'm not sure yet how to tackle the hinges. Can I just paint them? Or do I have to replace them which will be quite a big job? Or can I leave them all ugly brassy? 


Another item on the list is my kitchen faucet. It's not horrible. I just wanted a new one. You know the kind with the fancy nozzles. And as I look at this picture of my old one the off-centered installation of it all really bothers me now.


First step: agree on new faucet.
Step two: determine if you can install yourself or need to hire a plumber.


Luckily one of our neighbors helped us install it. It took a lot longer than we all expected. (I think we still owe him beer and a few more dinners.) But I love it! 


Don't you agree? It's a lot cleaner design and having the sprayer in the nozzle is super convenient. 


And I've officially documented our first "home project" for this blog. Whoo hoo! Hopefully this will spring me into action to complete more! Or if not perhaps my nesting instincts will kick in soon...

1 comment:

  1. How pretty! Hope you picked up a few plumbing tid bits too. =)
    I don't know if it would turn into a #PinterestFail but there are quite a few pins by bloggers who painted their brass fixtures with a lot of success. If it doesn't go well, you were going to get new ones anyway, right? Ha!

    ReplyDelete