Friday, September 28

38 Weeks

Does it seem like it's been a long week? It sure does to me. Perhaps that's because all of my "fun September weekends" are over. And now I have nothing to distract me from just waiting. I'm near the home stretch, but last weekend feels like it was forever ago.

Our house was full with 2 couples. My brother & his fiance and my college bestie & her husband who I also went to college with. (As hard as I try I still have that bad Missouri grammar-ism to end sentences with prepositions...) Everyone was in town for the Missouri - South Carolina football game. Now that Mizzou joined the SEC this annual game could become a fun tradition. Even though the visitor seats were in the direct sun, which was blaring at about 115 degrees (or so it felt), we all stayed hydrated and had a great time...even with the outcome.
Tailgating before the football game. One little Gamecock amongst the Tiger fans. -Of course her team won, so don't
feel bad for her.

On Sunday morning my friends here completely surprised me with a baby shower. Kudos to them and Husband for pulling it off without me even suspecting. I was totally overwhelmed by their kindness.



My "Best Moment of the Week" occurred during the shower. My friends got together and decorated a ton of onesies. The sayings and drawings are so cute, funny and just perfect. The amount of love and fun that went into creating those onesies really touched our hearts.

 

Questions

How far along? 38 Weeks   

Total Weight Gained? 30 pounds    
Maternity Clothes?   Yes - but they are getting tight
Stretch Marks?  None so far, I think
Sleep? I still get up several times, but better this week without the cold     
Best Moment the Week? Baby shower
    
Miss anything?  Husband. He was away all week in Argentina again. Happily this is his last trip for a month!   
Movement? Yes, she is quite active   
Food Cravings? This week I've drank orange juice (pulp free of course) most days. That's not typical for me.   
Anything making you queasy or sick? No   
Have you started to show yet?  Yes   
Gender?  Girl
Labor Signs?   Almost none. My cervix is slightly thinning, but that is it. I'm hardly dilated. No contractions. And she is still sitting quite high. At least she is head down. But I'm worried that she won't want to come out. We still keep talking every day about 10-11-12, so maybe my body will go from almost no signs to ready overnight? Is that possible? I don't know, but that's what I'm hoping for.
Belly Button – In or Out?  Out  
Wedding Rings – On or Off?  Only anniversary band. I haven't been terribly swollen, but I am getting more and more gradually puffy.
Moody? Not terribly.  
Looking Forward To…  
 HOLDING HER!!!!!
38 Weeks Belly



No comments:

Post a Comment