Wednesday, October 3

39 Weeks - 2 Days

I'm changing my posts to Tuesday/Wednesday since her official due date falls on a Monday. If we're lucky there won't be but one more post until her debut.

To do this week: 
1. Wash her clothes. Sunday night I took off all the tags. That took much longer than expected. - As of Wednesday morning I am just finishing up the blankets. Going to start washing "stripping" the cloth diapers.
2. Pack my hospital bag. I know some mamas have this thing taken care of weeks ago, but I've known she isn't coming early so I haven't been in a rush to do it. But now I think it's time. - Started
3. Install the carseat. - No progress. It's still loosely hanging out in my back seat.
4. It's October first, which means time to get out the Fall and Halloween decorations. - Done
5. Finish decorating the nursery. Buy shelves and organize. - In progress

I think I have a workable list. Not too overwhelming. Aside from my list of to-do's this week is also MY prep week. In Shanghai there was a term for a housewife who does not work and has housekeepers and nannies and can be spotted shopping, spaing, lunching with other ladies or helping with charities: Tai Tai. One thing I learned from Tai Tai life in Shanghai is that looking the part is important. So I'm getting my hair highlighted, a pedicure and a shellac manicure. I need to be picture ready!


How far along?  39 weeks and 2 days  
Total Weight Gained?  30 pounds (no gain from last week. Yay. I think the gain I've had lately is all water... I'm a bit more puffy.) 
Maternity Clothes?   Yes - I seem to be wearing the same clothes these days. Only my uber comfortable leggins, cotton shirts, etc.
Stretch Marks?  No
Sleep? Generally I am sleeping better with getting up only once or twice. It's often because I'm too hot. But sometimes when I wake up insomnia hangs out with me for an hour or so.     
Best Moment the Week?  While getting my hair highlighted I had a 15 minute scalp massage. It was pure bliss. I threatened my stylist that she may see me every day to have her wash my hair. It was heaven!!!   
Miss anything?  Sleeping on my tummy  
Movement? Lots   
Food Cravings? None   
Anything making you queasy or sick? No   
Have you started to show yet?  Yes    
Gender?  Girl
Labor Signs? So I dreamed that I went to basecamp at Mt Everest to get her to drop. I think this means I'm willing to try anything to get things moving along. The funny part is that morning I/she felt a little different. At my doctor visit on Tuesday I learned that I am finally showing some labor signs. I'm at least 50% effaced, my cervix is softened and she's dropped a little bit, at about a -2. So this is all good news. 
Belly Button – In or Out?  Out  
Wedding Rings – On or Off?  Only anniversary band. I'm a lot more puffy now days. 
Moody?  Generally no. But let's see... If you make me mad, I'm not holding back these days. I'll match your fire with fire. And then there is this commercial that I think is for Google+ which makes me cry every time I see it. It's about a girl starting college and video chatting with her Dad. It reminds me of when I started online chatting with my Dad when I lived in Boston. He was such a slower typer compared to my Mom. But I loved communicating with him like that.  
Looking Forward To…   
Her birth date.... Hopefully sometime next week! 
More pampering
Sitting in the (mostly) completed nursery 
Going to one of my favorite restaurants, Lui Lui's, as a family and eating sushi. We used to go there at least once a week, usually to eat sushi. Last Christmas Michael, the owner, prepared an 8-course amazing Asian meal for us and our friends. It was out of this world. But since I got pregnant we just stopped going.   Micheal, must think we've moved or something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment