Thursday, January 9

Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Parmesan Crisps

Only three posts in 2013? Really?!?! Guess the motherhood thing rocked my world a bit.
I vow to be better in 2014 - for my own sanity.

It's time to return to this blog and continue doing what I love doing. Talking about food, talking about travel, planing parties, and whatever home projects I can squeeze in there with a crazy 1-year old running around.

To kick it off I'm sharing another one of Husband's trademark dishes. If you come over and he fixes this, he is trying to impress.


Roasted Red Pepper Soup 

His recipe is adapted from a few sources... And I can't really divulge any of his cooking secrets. So, here is the general recipe to start with. You can then create you're version from here

Starter Recipe:

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 celery stalk, chopped
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic
Heat oil in a skillet over moderate heat until hot. Add other ingredients and cook about 5 minutes stirring occassionally until celery is soft. 

2 roasted red peppers
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
Add to pot. Bring to a boil, then lower and simmer for 3 minutes. 

1/3 cup heavy cream
salt and black pepper to taste

Add to pot and blend using your immersion blender until smooth. 


Tips: Roast the red peppers ahead of time. Here's a great tutorial on how it's done from my favorite, Barefoot Contessa. Favorite tools for this dish: the Bamix Immersion blender that I bought Husband for Christmas and the Le Creuset cast iron pot.


Are you thinking - "Whoa! you haven't shown us how to make the yummy Parmesan crisp!" And you are right. I can't divulge all of Husband's secrets. Plus that recipe has really evolved over time into something more artistic than the original. 


No comments:

Post a Comment