Tuesday, January 14

Party Banner

Moms can easily go overboard these days with kid birthdays. I remember my young birthdays: Mom bought a cake mix and made cupcakes iced with store bought icing and brought them to my class. Then the party was at a roller rink. No loot bags, no over the top decorated food and dessert tables. Maybe just balloons and if the party was at home, streamers. I think I turned out fabulous. I definitely don't feel less deprived or loved any less or anything.

It didn't take me long to settle on a theme for Little k's first birthday. I wanted small, intimate family celebration...       with champagne of course...
and a pink tutu
and pearls...
oh, and she had two parties...

Although I nearly gave into the pressures a week before and went all pintrest-crazy I maintained my sanity. I limited myself to one pintrest project.

The Party Banner


WARNING: This project, while simple, is deceivingly time consuming. I still haven't figured out why or how but once you begin hours will magically dissipate.

Tools and Supplies:
Computer with MS Word (or any basic document writing program) 
Printer
Glue or double sided tape
Ribbon - enough to span the entire banner
Scissors
Stock Scrapbook Paper* - this is the real secret ingredient



Instructions
1. Print out letters in a three inch circle, or whatever size works for your banner. (Send me your email and I'll send you my word file.) 
2. Cut out the circles. I originally tried to be all fancy schmancy and use a circle cutter, but honestly just use scissors. It's faster and if it's not perfect it looks more 'real' but only you will notice. 
3. Pick out scrapbook paper. One sheet for each letter. 
4. I pretty much followed Adventuroos' tutorial for the triangle banner part. The key is that she has you create double sided triangles so that you can fold them over and glue the ribbon in between. 





No comments:

Post a Comment