Friday, September 14

36 Weeks

I'm officially a month away!!! I'm so excited for this little girl!!!

~~~~~~~ Ok, so I just broke a very big rule in writing, which is to not overuse exclamation points... but I can't help it. I'm already so in love with her!!! ~~~~~~~ 

This week at my doctor's visit they did an ultrasound. Yay! I've been wanting more recent pictures for awhile now. The last pictures we had were around 19 weeks.  Unfortunately she wasn't cooperating on Tuesday. Her hands and feet were in front of her face the whole time. Only one quick, cute picture of her face but several of her feet.


They also took several measurements. From this they determined that she's going to be a big baby. They estimated that she currently weighs over 7 pounds. So I think she has mine & my father's genes. I was a big baby at 9 pounds 1 ounce. The reason for the ultrasound was to see how she is laying. They determined that she is still above my pelvis. I think I'll be getting more pictures taken so that they can monitor her and make sure her head will fit.


I'm still foolishly convinced that she will come just a few days late on 10-11-12. We talk about this daily. Hopefully she will cooperate. Seriously, isn't that a cool looking date? Especially for the couple that had their first date on Y2K and were married on 02-02-02.


How far along? 36 weeks   
Total Weight Gained? 26 pounds - no gain from last week. (yippee)    
Maternity Clothes?   Yes
Stretch Marks?  No - although I had a scare earlier in the week. I'm back to faithfully putting aragon oil on my tummy.
Sleep? Some nights are better than others. Heartburn is still my biggest nuisance     



Best Moment the Week?  There have been several: 

1. I had a great time at my PEO meeting this week. Those ladies are all so nice. There hasn't been a new baby in the chapter for a few years. Everyone is excited. Since my family lives far away those ladies are all ready to spring into action and provide any support I may need be it babysitting, food, whatnot.   

2. We have great friends in town this week. I've been loving every minute of it. 

3. This week marks the end of "Brown Liquor Thursday (BLT)". This almost monthly shindig began spontaneously the Thursday after our Derby Party in May as a way to finish some of the bourbon. It has since has become a crazy Thursday celebration at our house where only bourbons and whiskeys can be consumed. And although I can sleep through it (I generally call it a night while the party is still crankin') we know our baby won't be able to. So, therefore Thursday's was the last one.  

Miss anything? Champagne   
Movement? All the time. Have let my friends feel her move around.   
Food Cravings? Sweets   
Anything making you queasy or sick? Second hand cigarette smoke   
Have you started to show yet?  Yes - everywhere I go strangers ask me when I'm due. After telling them I have a month to go the look on their faces makes me feel like I'm letting them down. I think they expect me to be just days away.     
Gender?  Girl
Labor Signs?   No
Belly Button – In or Out?  Out  
Wedding Rings – On or Off?  Only the anniversary band

Moody?  There was one incidence this week. The four of us went to a nice dinner at Passion8. This is a great farm-to-table restaurants where the food is bought fresh daily from local farmers. The night started well with a delicious round of appetizers; order of Fois Gras Duo, Sweet Breads and Cubano Calamari to share.

After ogling the entree menu I set my sights on a juicy rib-eye steak. Although I knew the portion would be large, I couldn't wait to sink my knife into a big slab of red meat. About that time our server came over and squashed my dreams. They had just ran out of the steak. This is where the night slowly began to turn. Unfortunately nothing quite sounded good enough after that. I settled on the scallops but asked that he withhold the bed of pureed beets (there are only 3 foods I don't eat).

While we were enjoying wine (or water for me) and clever conversation the server brought out a dish to enjoy, complements of the chef. And at this point the evening nosedived. I should clarify, he brought out a dish for everyone to enjoy EXCEPT ME. It was a plate of soft, unpasteurized cheeses. And from listening to my dinner companions it sounded like the cheeses were the most orgasmic, dreamy cheeses they've ever had in their life. Seriously they couldn't shut up about them. Meanwhile I drank more water. Finally the cheeses were gone. Thank goodness. Oh, and by the way, I'm starving again.

Next the server treats us to yet another dish complements of the chef. This time they were shots of gazpacho. I started to get a smile back on my face thinking I could enjoy this one and whet my appetite. Until he explained that the gazpacho had goat cheese in it. Seriously, I wanted to sucker punch him and then go into the kitchen and beat the chef over his head with my purse for all this tormention by his hand. Needless to say, when the food came out my not-a-juicy-steak scallop dish did not stand a chance. Plus since I asked to have one of the accompaniments withheld the flavors were not balanced. I ended up with a perfectly cooked scallop that tasted too salty because it didn't have the earthy beets to complement the taste. I choked down one scallop and proceeded to eat all remaining bread in the bread basket, which the server had finally brought out after the gazpacho. I think he finally recognized the look of a woman about to plague himself, his family and all his descendants and figured he better feed this beast. I left the restaurant emotional, hungry and upset at the chef & server for tormenting me. Even Billy Graham sitting at the table over from us could not put me in a more uplifting Christian spirit.

Looking Forward To…   This weekend. We have more fun planned with our friends. It's been a great time already. But this weekend will be all play and indulgence. 

!! Happy Friday !!

No comments:

Post a Comment