Monday, August 20

32 Weeks



~~ A few disclaimers ~~ This post is going up late, sorry. Also, not sure what is happening with the spacing & formatting this week. I got tired of fighting with it and just posted as is. ~~~


Husband has been in Argentina this week, but comes home today (Friday). Can't wait. ~~~

Since my last round of purchases I've taken everything out. Washed it and/or assembled it. Unfortunately this means I've firmly decided that the pastel pink rug must go and the bed skirt needs a little enhancement. I've also started shopping for the chandelier.




The Rug

I've decided that it definitely needs to be gray, like the walls. Although the light pink rug is pretty it gives the whole room that yucky, pastel-y pink look. The candy pink wall no longer pops. Now, do I order online or go to a rug store? There are rug outlet stores only 30 minutes away. I still need to do some online shopping and figure out what I want, but perhaps something more like this:

Handmade Luna Flatweave Marrakesh Trellis Grey Wool Rug (5' x 8')


Chandelier  

A crystal chandelier will add the perfect glamorous touch for our little girl.
Leila Collection Plug-in Swag Chandelier
Leila Collection




I like this Leila Collection 4-light chandelier from Lamps Plus with it's pretty crystals and clear and pink glass.
. 

 
Crystorama Imperial



I'm also a fan of the Crystorama Imperial 4-light Chandelier from Overstock. It has a blush pink finish. 











Bed Skirt 

Because of the design of the crib I've decided that the crib skirt needs more ribbon stripes sewn to it. I'm off to JoAnne's this weekend to look at ribbons. I think just more gray, but if I see a pretty candy pink one I just might get creative.

Me

So, how am I feeling these days? Well, this week hasn't been as hot outside, which is a plus. Generally speaking I am feeling good, just large. My lower pubic bones ache when I move from sitting to standing. But it's not painful. I'm peeing a lot, and I don't really trust my bladder right now. Some evenings I get hints of heartburn, but that's it.  I think I am moving slower. - So all in all, pretty good.

Questions

How far along? 32 weeks   
Total Weight Gained?  21 pounds   
Maternity Clothes?   Yes
Stretch Marks?  No
Sleep?   Enough   
Best Moment the Week? Hanging out with friends. While Rustin's been gone this week my friends have been looking out for me. I went out to my favorite bar, GrapeVine and then Fish Market for dinner one night. And the other night I went to Local Dish, a new favorite restaurant for a casual southern meal.     
Miss anything?  Bubble baths and saunas   
Movement?  Tons!   
Food Cravings?  None. I've eaten beef this week and whipped up a batch of Peaches & Cream Bars with all our delicious peaches. (I'm still working my way through a bushel of peaches that we won at the auction.)   
Anything making you queasy or sick? Cigarette smoke   
Have you started to show yet?  Yes   
Gender?  Girl
Labor Signs?   No
Belly Button – In or Out? Out
Wedding Rings – On or Off?  This week I've been wearing 2 of my wedding bands. I have been missing seeing my diamond on my finger, and it's a bit cooler this week.
Moody?  A bit emotional. When I'm upset I get really, really upset. And when I see a lovey moment in a movie, tv show or even commercial I tear up.
Looking Forward To…  Hugging Husband when he gets home. Hugging my little girl in October.  

Next week there is a huge consignment sale event I'm going to. Can't wait for that as well! I hope to get some goodies for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment