Saturday, August 11

31 Weeks

Hayley Owl Mobile
Our babies new crib mobile

Hello fatigue! Yes, I've been reintroduced to this friend from my first trimester. Afternoon naps and early bedtimes are my thing.

This week we toured the Maternity Center at the hospital. It is fairly new and very nice looking. The suites are designed for everything from labor, delivery to recovery. They seem pretty cool. I'll stay there for two nights after a normal delivery (or 48 hours for c-section). It comes with a big Jacuzzi tub which I hope to enjoy either before or after. And our baby will stay with us in the room.


To-Do List for the Nursery  

I'm feeling good with everything we need to get accomplished before baby arrives. Last weekend we took advantage of sales and coupons and really knocked out several items on our "To Do" list.

  •  
  • Paint nursery (main color) - done
  • Paint nursery (accent color) - done
  • Crib - done
  • Crib mattress - purchased
  • Crib bed skirt - went with the Harper collection from Pottery Barn Kids
  • Order fabric for crib bedding – found patterns I liked at Pottery Barn instead. - But still need a crib blanket...
  • Bumpers – undecided. There is a lot of controversy over using bumpers or not.  – I'm waiting until they are needed and then I'll decide; either get pretty ones or mesh ones. 
  • Fitted sheets – These gray patterns, along with some of the now-discontinued candy pink fabrics, is what initially turned me on to Pottery Barn Kids 
  • Baby mobile – Husband saw this adorable one with owls and wanted it. –I love it. 
  • Nursery rug – We were going back and forth between a gray rug or a light pink rug. We opted for this rug at Pottery Barn Kids which is both light pink and white thinking it would look best against the candy pink & gray walls. But now that it is in the room I'm not sure I'm keeping it. I'm worried the room has too much pastel. I'm not a fan of wimpy colors.   
Sweet Flower Rug 3x5' Pink
  • Glider/Rocker – should be delivered by first week of September!
  • Ottoman – undecided, waiting until rocker arrives
  • Chandelier – a wish list item, but it will really make an impact in the nursery
  • Bassinet or Pack-n-Play – leaning towards a pack and play with a newborn station, need to start researching
  • Corner table & lamp - will probably want something. Waiting until chair arrives 
  • Closet
    - paint it with leftover paint
    - new knobs (4) for drawers (or paint existing purple flower ones)
    - dividers - so I can organize her clothes by size
    - hamper
  • Wall decorations
    - vinyl saying for above the door - I've found this one and this one as well as a few others I like on etsy. Now I need to decide the message I want on the wall
    - name or initials for above the crib - vinyl or wooden letters.... not sure yet
    - floating shelves to display nick knacks and framed photos
    - some place to store books & toys - the biggest challenge will be to see how much space we have to work with. the room is tiny.


Other important baby item purchases


  •   
  • Car seat - Gracco SnugRide - Yay! We will now be able to take her home from the hospital
  • Stroller - looking to get a frame for car seat as well as a 3-wheeled stroller 
  • Feeding stuff such as Breast Pump and bottles, burp clothes, bibs
  • Diaper Bag & everything that goes in it. Thinking Sunbabies brand for the cloth diapers. Heard that it takes about 30 days from ordering to delivery.
  • Bathing stuff such as washcloths, towels, tub, shampoos, etc
  • Medicine Cabinet stuff

  Questions

How far along?  31 Weeks  
Total Weight Gained?  20 pounds   
Maternity Clothes?   Yes - bought a pair of full paneled pants. It's my first pair with the panel, but I'm now at a size where they just feel so much more comfortable
Stretch Marks?  No
Sleep?  Off and on    
Best Moment the Week? I had the massage I won from the Rotary auction. It was divine. 
Miss anything?  Easily moving around  
Movement? All the time  
Food Cravings? No   
Anything making you queasy or sick? No   
Have you started to show yet?  Yes - feeling frumpy this week   
Gender?  Girl
Labor Signs?   No
Belly Button – In or Out?  Mostly out  
Wedding Rings – On or Off?  Only my anniversary band
Moody?  No, but very emotional.
Looking Forward To… Tonight's Def Leppard/Poison concert with a dozen of our friends. I hope it doesn't rain.
   


No comments:

Post a Comment