Monday, July 23

Berry Scones with Orange Honey Butter

After getting my food processor this is one of the first recipes I made with it. I still love this recipe. It comes directly from Tyler Florence. It has become a go-to, reliable recipe for me.

The novelty of making your own butter from heavy cream with just a food processor is not lost on me. I love it. And especially love say, "Oh yes, I made this butter, would you like to try it." Honestly, there is nothing to it - but people don't realize that. It sounds quite impressive.

Orange Honey Butter 

Ingredients:
1 qt heavy cream
zest of 1 orange
1/2 cup honey
pinch of salt

Directions:
Put all in food processor and turn on high. After about 4 minutes the mixture will separate into butter solids and buttermilk. Strain the buttermilk and reserve for scone recipe. Squeeze the butter into a ball or any nice shape and refrigerate until ready to use.

Berry Scones

The recipe can be found here on the foodnetwork website. This one comes together very quickly in your food processor -especially if you make the butter ahead of time. I used blueberries and cranberries. And now that I can make butter, I love experimenting with different flavors.

Perhaps I should try whipping up a batch with peaches... 
That is my summer theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment