Friday, July 20

28 Weeks

She received a package of beautiful homemade goodies
from Aunt Stephania including these little booties
It has been a week of shopping - and I love it! We kicked it off at a charity auction event for the Rotary. Anything that turns shopping into a competitive sport is really a bad idea for Husband and I. We're competitive people and we love to shop together. So when you combine that with a good cause we tend to walk away with lighter wallets. I'm totally thrilled about what we won (bought) from a corn hole game, private chef dinner for 8, week in the mountains, massage and even a whole bushel of peaches.



What else have we bought? We bought a crib!! We bought a great rocking chair!! I bought a bunch of goodies from Sephora!! And a ceiling fan for our bedroom. That room is always hot, so a fan and moving air should help us both sleep better. 


Funny (to me) antidote: I've been hot lately. Which isn't anything to laugh about, except in the car. Normally Husband freezes me out, but lately he's the one adjusting the air conditioning vents to bypass him and whines about it being too cold. Makes me giggle every time. 



Nursery update: 

SW - Essential Gray
SW - Impatient Pink

Walls have been painted: three gray, one pink. The room looks so cheerful now. I love it! As you round the corner in the hallway approaching the nursery the walls glow with pink. It's beautiful.




Crib bought, delivered and assembled. Because our room is small, and because the closet already has dresser drawers which means we won't be buying a dresser, I wanted a crib with an attached changing table.

Cape Cod Crib from Buy Buy Baby

Close up of the pink rocker fabric
Rocking chair ordered. I had to power shop through about a dozen furniture stores before I found one that had acceptable options. I wanted a swivel rocker or glider, tall back, sink into, upholstered but not leather. Not only is the chair super comfortable but it's also from a manufacturer in Hickory, North Carolina. 

Yes, we are supporting the "buy local" trend. But the best part is that the manufactuer is Sherrill Furniture. -Yep, felt like a good fit. Plus, they even have pink fabric!?!? How fun is that?!?! I never imagined I was the sort of person to own a pink upholstered chair, but in a room that is mostly gray I don't think it will look over the top. The fabric is a pink/fuchsia hounds tooth design. The chair will be sitting against the gray walls in the room - I think it'll look great.


How far along?  28 weeks  - and officially in the THIRD TRIMESTER!!! by any account  
Total Weight Gained? 16 pounds    
Maternity Clothes?   Yes 
Stretch Marks?  No
Sleep?  Not so well, but good enough    
Best Moment the Week? It might be when I saw the delivery men struggling to put the crib together and I realized that I made the right decision to spend an extra few bucks for assembly. It took them an hour and a half, and they do this sort of thing all day long. Or the best moment could be after they left and I walked into the room and for the very first time it looked like a nursery.  Or maybe the best moment was during the Rotary auction. It really was a lot of fun.
Miss anything?  Nothing in particular this week.  
Movement? Lots. Husband hasn't felt her yet though... of course he's not anxious to do so either.   
Food Cravings?  Sweets - baked goods or fruit.... this week I've eaten peaches almost every day. Could have something to do with that bushel of peaches we now own...  
Anything making you queasy or sick?  Smelling cigarette smoke that clings to a smoker's clothing. blah!  
Have you started to show yet?  Yes - and Husband noticed a significant difference from just last weekend to today.   
Gender?  Girl
Labor Signs?  No
Belly Button – In or Out?  It's half and half this week. - kinda kooky watching it evolve.
Wedding Rings – On or Off? On - but only 2 bands
Moody? I still say no. But when things don't go my way I get into a funk that takes a while to snap out of.   
Looking Forward To…    I read that this week she is 2 1/4 pounds and almost 15 inches long. She has eyelashes now and has started blinking her eyes. This made me think. I wonder what color of eyes she will have? I love Husband's milk chocolate eyes, but it sure would be fun if she had my blue eyes... So this is what I'm looking forward to, looking into her beautiful eyes, whatever the color.
...and I'm also looking forward to scheduling the massage I won at the auction!!!


All of this shopping and subsequent deliveries have put me in a perma-happy mood. All. Week. I have another story to share from our first childbirth prep class on Monday night... but I'll save that for next week's post after we have two classes under our belts.

HaPpY fRiDaY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment