Friday, July 27

29 Weeks

Last weekend we had a great time camping in Paris Mountain State Park, SC with friends. Although it rained a bit on Friday night, we stayed mostly dry while playing dominoes until the wee hours of the night. And surprisingly I got along pretty well. I skipped out on the 10 mile hike Saturday and opted instead to finish the last book in the Hunger Games trilogy while lounging in a hammock. It was nice.

Husband builds a great fire
I'm not sure exactly why, but being in the great outdoors has always rejuvenated me. Connecting to God, connecting to nature, seeing the vast beauty and complexity of the natural world really speaks to my soul. And somehow I am able to dig deep and manage my gross fear of bugs. 

And who doesn't love evenings spent around a camp fire? Always so mesmerizing. It doesn't get much better than that.


Childbirth Prep Class

This class has been a trip. We've only had 2 of 5 classes so far. Husband has been a sport and hung in there. I know this isn't the highlight of his day. He makes me laugh as they play the videos and pass around the models. 

How far along?  29 Weeks  
Total Weight Gained? 16 pounds
Maternity Clothes?   Yes
Stretch Marks?  No - fingers still crossed.
Sleep? I toss. I turn. It is what it is. While camping on an air mattress this tended to disturb Husband's sleep more than it does when on a normal bed.       
Best Moment the Week? This week has been more focused on Husband & I doing things that we enjoy doing together, like camping and spending time with friends.    
Miss anything?  Mei mei's!!! I'm so happy that we are having a get-together. We made the bestest of friends while living in China. Created so many life long memories together. It is always great when we get together.
Shanghai 2010  - Mei Mei Wig Party (Wigs to shield the identify of the not-so-innocent)
Movement?  All the time. I've started getting some really good karate chops occasionally.  
Food Cravings?  Sweets. I've been quite happy to have an occasion to bake. I'm bring some yummy baked goods with me this weekend.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Second hand cigarette smoke   
Have you started to show yet?  Yes - maybe it's time for another baby bump photo. There is no hiding her anymore.    
Gender?  Girl
Labor Signs?  No
Belly Button – In or Out?  Stubbornly still in, while threatening to pop.  
Wedding Rings – On or Off? I took off my normal wedding bands and am wearing my Tiffany's sapphire and diamond anniversary band instead.
Moody?  Nope... but cry at sappy momments
Looking Forward To…  This weekend!!! Seriously, I couldn't be more excited. We are spending it with great friends that we haven't seen in a while. Plus, I will get to meet a future girlfriend for our little girl. Weekends don't get much better than this!  





No comments:

Post a Comment