Friday, January 4

Roasted Eggplant Pasta Sauce

There are some vegetables I just don't eat very often. I think I get stuck in a rut with my favorites. But lately at the grocery the eggplants have been looking really good. In China I ate them often because there was an eggplant dish that I LOVED. Then I realized that I haven't cooked with them since China - 2 years ago. eek!

It must have been meant-to-be because that weekend I watched Giada on the Food Network cooking with eggplants. She inspired me to do something I don't do too often. Cook without a recipe. 



So I took an eggplant and diced it up. 


Added cherry tomatoes and garlic. Seasoned with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roasted it in the oven.


Then put it in the food processor with a bit of mint. Processed until it was a chunky sauce. Served over pasta. Yumm! 

Delish!
Simple!
and Healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment