Friday, May 25

20 Weeks

We've reached the halfway point!! Can't believe it. We've had a really good week - lots of movements. I'm slowly starting to explore baby stores to try and figure out what we really need. Earlier in the week I was a little overwhelmed by the shopping -blasphemous, I know. But since then I found a good article that can steer me towards all the newborn essentials. It seems much more manageable now. I'm still leaning towards the convertible crib with an attached changing table. We won't need a dresser for the nursery. So either I buy a changing table or change her on the floor.

I guess I'm overdue for taking and posting baby bump photos. I still think I look more fat than pregnant. But then I feel her moving around and I know it isn't so. Here you go....


How far along?  20 Weeks  
Total Weight Gained?  5 pounds    
Maternity Clothes?  Yes, I have fully embraced the fact that maternity pants just feel better than my normal clothes. I've also started buying a few tops as well.   
Stretch Marks?  No
Sleep?  No complaints    
Best Moment the Week?  Telling Rustin's Grandmother our news. She cried. I nearly cried. She is such a blessing and so cute at 92 years old. I was so touched to be able to share our happy news with her. She wanted to tell everyone our news. And when I asked her not to she pretended to not hear me. Finally by the third time she acknowledged that she heard me and agreed. - So cute.   
Miss anything? Nothing in particular this week   
Movement?  Yes. Although I learned at last week's ultrasound that the placenta is in front, which means I don't feel as much as others typically do.   
Food Cravings? No. Although I'm getting my weekly cupcake later today. I wouldn't call this a craving, I'd call it a pregnancy indulgence. I am eating more sweet fruits these days... and milk. I've always loved milk, but I'm drinking more of it than normal.
Anything making you queasy or sick?  No   
Have you started to show yet?  Yes   
Gender?  Girl!!!
Labor Signs? No  
Belly Button – In or Out?  In 
Wedding Rings – On or Off?  On
Moody?  Nope
Looking Forward To…  This Memorial Day Weekend we are headed to the Smokey Mountains with friends. I love the mountains, camp fires, hiking, fresh mountain air, mountain streams... being outdoors is wonderful for my soul.  


1 comment:

  1. Oh look at that baby girl :) What a beautiful Mommy tummy. You are beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete