Friday, June 1

21 Weeks

Today is June 1st and week 21. Means we are officially in our 5th month of pregnancy. Crazy!?!?!!!

I bought a few things today to celebrate! Couldn't really help myself. Nothing practical. Just two things that make me smile.

I made my first purchase on Etsy at Amy's Buttons and Bows. I love her collection of headbands and ruffled bloomers. I can't wait to dress up my little girl in one of these beautiful headbands.




My second purchase of the day was at Hallmark and is a nod to one of her guardian angels.

I saw this pair a while ago and have been waiting to purchase them.

They have been enchanting me with their simplistic beauty. The nursery won't be thematically decorated with owls - just these two. I think they will look perfect on a shelf or as bookends. I wanted something unique to remind us that our baby has two grandparents whom we miss, who are loving her from heaven.




How far along?   21 weeks
Total Weight Gained?  8 pounds   
Maternity Clothes?    Yes 
Stretch Marks?   No - Currently I'm mostly using Argan Oil to combat this, although my supply is running low. Looks like I'll need to run to Sephora this weekend. - And we all know how much I hate going there. <sarcasm>

Sleep?  Some restless nights this week. And a few crazy dreams.    
Best Moment the Week?   Receiving a great note from my husband about his feelings towards this pregnancy. In just a few short sentences he conveyed his emotions of total love towards our baby and me, faith in the Lord, and excitement (mixed with a little fear) for the future.  

Miss anything?  I miss being in better shape. I really felt it this past weekend while hiking. During my first trimester I halted all aerobic activity due to a precautionary suggestion from my doctors. I've been doing yoga, but that doesn't get your heart beating like a nice run. So in the Smoky Mountains we only chose shorter hikes that weren't strenuous. And everyone walked as slow as I needed taking as many breaks as I wanted. - I also really missed enjoying a nice cold beer after a great hike.  

Movement?  Yes. I'm anxiously waiting until I can feel her from the outside. I think we must be close.   
Food Cravings?  Not really  
Anything making you queasy or sick?  No  
Have you started to show yet?  Yes   
Gender?  Girl!!!
Labor Signs? No
Belly Button – In or Out?  In 
Wedding Rings – On or Off?  On

Moody?  No, although I got unreasonably worked up after talking to a Discover Card customer service person after noticing my card was double charged by a retailer. I hate Discover's ridiculous non-customer-centered  customer service policies. 
Looking Forward To…   
Looking obviously pregnant. My Love feeling her kick. More baby shopping. Painting the nursery pink.
Taking her on hikes in a baby backpack to begin teaching her a love of the outdoors and an appreciation for God's beautiful creations. 


No comments:

Post a Comment