Friday, June 15

23 Weeks

What a great & busy week! I had a doctor's appointment (all is well), decided upon paint, bought fabric swatches and went public on Facebook. It was a great week for our baby too. She received her first gift! Aunt B sent this adorable little Cowboys Love Bug music box.



While I don't really condone Cowboys stuff (wink wink), I know it's inevitable since husband bleeds blue & gray. And since the Cowboys have pretty colors and lots of cute stuff... it's not terrible.





We had a Sherman-Williams coupon which was just the kick I needed to decide upon the shade of gray (ha ha - no, I haven't read that book). We'll be painting 3 walls one of these colors. To be decided this weekend - presently I have big swatches painted on the walls of each color to help us decide.

And one wall pink to match the crib bedding and curtains. Perhaps something like this...
 I think the room is going to turn out great. Can't wait to get started painting...  SW6855 Dragon Fruit


For crib bedding I'm still going with gray and a vibrant pink. So far I haven't found anything I like pre-made. So I sent away for fabric swatches. The plan is to sew it... 

Finally, not sure why I've been delaying with my Facebook announcement. I think with every kick, and every little preparation we take I get closer and closer to understanding that she's really coming. It felt awesome to finally tell my friends!!! I have lots of great friends from different points in my life that I don't keep in touch with regularly but think of often. They are still very special to me. I am so happy to share with them our happy news and to receive their notes. It really brightened my week. I had fun with the announcement too. I couldn't just say it or upload an ultrasound pic....

How far along? 23 Weeks   
Total Weight Gained? 10 pounds    
Maternity Clothes?  Yes
Stretch Marks?  No
Sleep?  Not as good this week. Woke up a lot in the middle of the night.    
Best Moment the Week? Telling my friends on Facebook.     
Miss anything?  Running - the mornings have been cool; perfect weather for a run. Walking (the dog) is not the same. And as always, a great zinfandel. I've been eyeing our Hunt Cellars wines. I think the Outlaw Ridge 2007 Zinfandel will be my first glass of wine... or maybe the 2006 Opulence Cabernet Franc... or...
Movement? Lots!   
Food Cravings?  Milk and Sweets... but no cupcakes this week. 
Anything making you queasy or sick? No   
Have you started to show yet?  Yes - But obviously not enough yet. Was wedding dress shopping over the weekend with my brother's fiance (had tons of fun). At one shop a bunch of 50-ish ladies took all of the seats. No one even offered to let me sit...  I was rubbing my belly and doing everything I can to look even more pregnant...  
I haven't had cravings for either, although
shortly after taking this photo I opened
the Ben & Jerry's and ate the whole
thing in one sitting!!!
Gender?  Girl
Labor Signs? No
Belly Button – In or Out?  In 
Wedding Rings – On or Off?  On
Moody?  No
Looking Forward To…  Completing the nursery. I'm having a lot of fun with it. And there is still much more to do.



2 comments:

  1. LOVED getting caught up!!! So excited to get to read all these (started at the bottom and worked my way up!) the nursery theme is beautiful!!! So happy for you. What a long road... Can't wait to hear more. Glad you're feeling so well too!!! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading all of the details!!!! Yay!!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete