Friday, June 8

22 Weeks

Future nursery
This week our baby is almost a pound and the length of a spaghetti squash. She can also hear us now.

I started preparing her room. We are changing the spare room into a nursery by moving the cats upstairs and emptying the "spare" closet which has been home to our formal dresses, tuxedo, winter coats, gloves, etc -all the things we haven't needed here.

To splurge I went for a pedicure. The funny part is that there were 3 other ladies getting pedicures - all of us pregnant. 


My goal for next week? Try to find fabric I like for crib bedding. Something similar to this: Pink and grey Suzanni Crib












How far along?  22 Weeks  
Total Weight Gained? 9 pounds    
Maternity Clothes?  Yes - This week I tried out my new maternity swimsuit at the pool. Wasn't as horrible of an experience as I thought and felt quite good to be in the pool. The pool could become a regular weekend thing for us.
Stretch Marks?  No
Sleep?  A lot lately.    
Best Moment the Week?  One morning while "I reflect upon my reflection" I realized that I was looking at a mother. A mother. Tears fell down my cheeks. A mother. It has been such a long road. Seven years. And here we are. I couldn't be happier.

Matthew 14:30-31 Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!" 31 Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?"   


Miss anything? The normal things: sushi, beer, fine wine and running.  
Movement?  She's kicking up a storm; some of them quite strong. I find it very amusing and awesome.  
Food Cravings? I keep saying no to this question. But to be perfectly honest with myself I am eating more sweets and drinking more milk than normal. Usually my sweets are fresh fruit with a little hand whipped cream, but not always...   
Anything making you queasy or sick? No   
Have you started to show yet?  Yes - And this week was another first. First time someone other than husband touched my belly.  
Gender?  Girl
Labor Signs?  No
Belly Button – In or Out?  In 
Wedding Rings – On or Off?  On
Moody?  No
Looking Forward To…  Holding her and singing to her. Now that she can hear more I've been singing a lot lately while I clean the house, shower, work, etc.   

I'm also looking forward to this weekend and wedding dress shopping my with brother's fiance - fun!


I feel like I've been growing a lot lately... so here's another bump pic along with a spaghetti squash.
Happy Friday!




1 comment:

  1. Who touched the baby squash belly? Hopefully strangers aren't reaching out. I hear that can be traumatizing. Just remember to rub their's too!

    ReplyDelete