Friday, June 22

24 Weeks


   
It's been a quiet week.
My uterus is the size of a soccer ball...
that's kind of crazy to think about when I
stare at my tummy.

How far along?  24 Weeks  
Total Weight Gained? 11 pounds    
Maternity Clothes?  Yes
Stretch Marks?  No
Sleep?  A few good nights but several not so good    
Best Moment the Week? Baking cookies. I was reminded of baking cookies with my Mom. I look forward to doing this with my little girl. I wonder if she will find it as comforting as I do.     
Miss anything?  Raw oysters. We went to a raw bar with friends the other night. They looked so good. I was jealous.   
Movement? Lots!!!   
Food Cravings? None, but I am having lots of cooking/baking cravings. Not sure if this is pregnancy related or just summer related. I baked several things this week and plan to continue on through the weekend. 


Anything making you queasy or sick? One friend at the raw bar ordered her oysters steamed. I had to look away. They looked and smelled disgusting. It made my stomach turn.   
Have you started to show yet?  Yes   
Gender?  Girl
Labor Signs?  No
Belly Button – In or Out?  In 
Wedding Rings – On or Off?  On
Moody? Generally no. But the other day husband said something that really, really ticked me off. And then he quickly apologized. But in that one moment my emotions escalated from normal levels to excessive in just seconds. Since we made up before I had a chance to express these extreme emotions I just stood there motionless as as they bubbled uncontrollably inside of me with no where to go. Husband then gave me a big hug. This was all it took for my extreme emotions to pour out of me in small steady tears. It was an odd sensation. We hugged and laughed and just let all those tears flow.   


Looking Forward To…  My to-do list  
Perhaps I should be overwhelmed by my to-do list? Instead I am excited. I would rather spend my days working on the nursery than at work.

To-Do List:
Paint nursery (main color) - once husband tapes I'll get right to it
Paint nursery (accent color) - get pink paint to paint swatches first
Candy Pink Damask Fabric
Order fabric - candy pink damask as main color? I think so
Crib - coupon at Buy Buy Baby expires 7/16
Nursery rug - something gray and contemporary
Crib mattress
Crib bed skirt - I can sew this
Bumpers - undecided
Fitted sheets - either make or buy
Baby blanket - recruit someone to make it for us using the pink damask
Baby mobile - undecided
Glider - looking for something gray with white trim & will be comfortable to fall asleep in (tall back)
Chandelier - this is more of a wish list item and an incentive to not go overboard on other items so that this is doable
Corner table & lamp - haven't thought about this yet but I'll want something small by the glider
Closet - pretty much set but will need paint and new knobs and of course hangers
Wall decorations/shelving - to be determined (fussed about) later (last)

Happy Friday Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment